Turkey’s PM says efforts to set up safe zone in Syria will continue
Turkey’s efforts to set up a safe zone in Syria will continue until the Turkish border is safe and threats against the country have been removed, Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said on Friday.
“Our efforts to set up a safe zone in Syria will continue until we fully maintain the security of our borders and threats against our people are completely eliminated,” Yildirim told a news conference in Ankara.
He also said there were unconfirmed reports that a Turkish tank had been struck in Syria.
Turkey launched a full-scale offensive into northern Syria last month in an effort to sweep Islamic State militants from its borders and stop the advance of Syrian Kurdish rebels.