Sabina Chege on Kenol chaos: It was probably stage-managed

Sabina Chege on Kenol chaos: It was probably stage-managed

Muranga County Woman Representative Sabina Chege has distanced herself from the Kenol chaos that left two dead on Sunday.

Speaking to Inooro TV on Sunday, the woman rep denied instigating the violent clashes that pitted two rival youth gangs against each other.

The legislator said it is likely that the Ruto allies stage-managed the squabbles to political gain.

“I hear several people mentioned my name, you are bringing visitors to insult leaders in Muranga, there were only two leaders from Muranga at that event, they probably state-managed it,” the legislator said.

“I would not be surprised to hear that the tear gas they say was thrown into the church was done by themselves,”

Nyoro who addressed congregants after the incident accused several leaders allied to President Kenyatta whom he claims sponsored the chaos that preceded DP Ruto’s fundraising event.

Nyoro fingered Interior PS Karanja Kibicho, Murang’a woman representative Sabina Chege, Mathioya MP Peter Kimari and Interior CS Fred Matiang’i saying they were behind the chaos.

“I want to tell you, Mheshimiwa Kimari, na wewe Kibicho, na wewe Matiang’i, na wewe Sabina Chege na hao wakora wengine, mko na watoto wenu, next time leteni watoto wenu na bibi zenu waandamane,” Nyoro said.

The legislator said over 30 people had received calls to show up at a hotel in Thika where plans to disrupt the Ruto event were hatched.

Appearing to shoot from the hip, Nyoro further claimed that Murang’a woman rep Sabina Chege had picked a stipend from the Ministry of Interior to sponsor the protests.

We know, the money was picked from the office next to yours naibu wa rais, the ministry of interior and insecurity (sic), they tried that in Kisii, they failed, they have tried it here, raia imekataa,” Nyoro added.

Meanwhile, Kandara MP Alice Wahome who was hosting DP Ruto said her three calls to the Murang’a County Commander Josphat Kinyua on Saturday night went unanswered.

“I called him three times, he did not pick, I wanted to tell him I was aware of the planned protests, he did not call back,” Wahome sad.

The Sunday morning chaos paralyzed transport on the Kenol-Murang’a road and left one person dead and several others nursing serious injuries.

Kenol residents who spoke to the media said they repulsed a gang of youths who had been brought in from Thika and Kiandutu aboard four buses.

The youths had reportedly lit tires on the busy road before pelting motorists with stones.

One woman who was cornered by a mob later claimed she was among hundreds of others who had been paid Ksh.1,000 to picket at DP Ruto’s event.

Police officers alerted to the incident lobbed tear gas at the church, dispersing a crowd that had gathered around.

latest stories