Class three pupil burnt by mother for losing Ksh.100

Class three pupil burnt by mother for losing Ksh.100

A class 3 pupil in Nanyuki is nursing serious injuries after his mother set him on fire for losing Ksh.100.

Elizabeth Ngina allegedly poured kerosene on her son Telvin Maina and then set him ablaze.

His headteacher realised that he was missing from school and asked his brother of his whereabouts.

This is when he was told that Telvin was at home after being involved in an ‘accident’.

According to Mr. Zane Kihara, the boy did not report to St. Moses Primary School on Wednesday last week.

Mr. Kihara then decided to visit their home at Ichuga and found Telvin in bandages and in pain. When asked what had happened, Telvin said a lamp had burnt him by accident.

On further inquiry, the boy broke down and said his mother had told him to say so. A report was then made at Equator Police Station but action is yet to be taken.

Neighbors, who are said to fear the mother, declined to talk to journalists about the incident.

latest stories