Fox News cameraman killed while reporting in Ukraine

Reuters
By Reuters March 16, 2022 06:35 (EAT)
Add as a Preferred Source on Google
Fox News cameraman killed while reporting in Ukraine

Fox News cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski, who was killed in Ukraine after the vehicle in which he was traveling was struck by incoming fire, poses for a selfie with colleagues Steve Harrigan, Yonat Frilling and Ibrahim Hazboun in Kyiv, Ukraine in an undated photograph. FOX News Sunday/Handout via REUTERS

Vocalize Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Vocalize

Fox News cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski was killed in Ukraine after the vehicle in which he was travelling was struck by incoming fire, the U.S. network said on Tuesday.

Zakrzewski, 55, was reporting with another Fox News journalist, Benjamin Hall, on Monday when they came under attack near the capital Kyiv, Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott said in a note to staff. Hall remains in hospital.

He was the second journalist killed covering the Ukraine conflict. Brent Renaud, an American filmmaker and journalist, was shot dead by Russian forces in the town of Irpin in Ukraine's Kyiv region, a regional police chief said on Sunday.

Zakrzewski was a veteran war-zone photographer who had covered multiple conflicts for Fox News, including in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria.

Based in London, he had been working in Ukraine since February.

Scott described Zakrzewski as a versatile journalist who performed a variety of roles, including as a photographer, engineer, editor and producer “under immense pressure with tremendous skill.”

Join the Discussion

Share your perspective with the Citizen Digital community.

Moderation applies

Sign In to Publish

No comments yet

This discussion is waiting for your voice. Be the first to share your thoughts!