3 killed, 6 injured after building collapsed in Kiambu

Charles Njoki
By Charles Njoki September 26, 2022 09:14 (EAT)
Add as a Preferred Source on Google
3 killed, 6 injured after building collapsed in Kiambu

Kiambu Governor Kimani Wamatangi leads residents in rescue operations.

Vocalize Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Vocalize

Three people have died and six others injured after a six-storey building collapsed on Monday morning in Kirigiti village, Kiambu town.

Kiambu Governor Kimani Wamatangi and police officers were on site early morning to lead the rescue operations. 

In a social media post, Wamatangi said several people had been trapped in the debris and rescue operations are still underway. 

"Several people have already been pulled out of the rubble, and rushed to the hospital. Sadly, some are feared to have succumbed to their injuries. 

Through the combined efforts of the Kiambu County Fire & Disaster Management Department, Kenya Police, Kenya Defence Forces, Kenya Red Cross and volunteers, the search continues for those trapped under the debris," said the governor. 

Join the Discussion

Share your perspective with the Citizen Digital community.

Moderation applies

Sign In to Publish

No comments yet

This discussion is waiting for your voice. Be the first to share your thoughts!