Two year old girl dies after swallowing raw bean seed

Two year old girl dies after swallowing raw bean seed

A two-year-old baby girl has died after she allegedly swallowed an uncooked bean seed in Machakos.

According to the parents, the girl died immediately after swallowing the seed.

The incident occurred at Katheka village in Mwala Sub County on Wednesday.

Area chief Francis Musembi said that the body of the child has been moved to Machakos Level 5 Hospital mortuary.

In January last year, two children died after consuming cassava in Siaya County.

The father is said to have bought the cassava from a neighbor at Ksh.50 and prepared them for lunch for his five children aged between one and 11 years.