Unga wa Dola not among 17 brands withdrawn from the market
Unga wa Dola has not been withdrawn from the market, the manufacturer Kitui Flour Mills has said.
A statement to newsrooms on Friday said the “Unga wa DOLA’’ brand is totally different from ‘Dola’ by Eldoret Grain Millers as per KEBS certifications and barcoding.
“We continue to deliver the highest quality of flour through meticulous international standards that form the basis of our production and Kitui Flour Mills wishes to assure all our customers and partners that Unga wa Dola maize meal is not affected by the directive,” it reads.
The 17 brands that were withdrawn due to high aflatoxin levels are as follows:
- Dola by Eldoret Grain Millers
- Tetema by Eldoret Grains Limited
- African king by African Kings maize millers
- Unique by Ndosha Limited
- Mlo by Bidii Limited
- City Corn Maize Meal by Central Afya Bora Maize Millers
- Sarafina Maize Meal by Century Millers
- Tosha Maize Meal by Godmesa Foods and Allied limited
- Ahiba Maize Meal by Grango Suba Millers
- Hakika Best by Halisi Maize Millers
- Budget Maize Meal by Karibu Flour Mills
- Wema Maize Meal by Luma Millers Limited
- Jomba by Machakos Millers
- Adardere Mupa by Mbaitu Maize Milling
- Afya by Meru Multipurpose Cooperative Society
- Uzima by Sigose Farm Company Limited
- Sungura by Sungura Unga Millers