Man collapses, dies after suspected viagra overdose at Homa Bay lodging
Police in Homa Bay County have launched investigations into the death of a 55-year-old man who died from a suspected overdose of sex enhancement pills at a lodging in Ndhiwa town on Friday night.
The deceased, whose name is still withheld by police, is said to have collapsed and died during sexual intercourse with a lady aged 25 years old.
According to Ndhiwa sub-county Police Commander Paul Rioba, the deceased booked a room at the lodging before being joined by his female companion later in the night.
Rioba said the lady reported to the bar management after the deceased collapsed; the management in turn informed officers from Ndhiwa Police Station.
The police boss said the lady confessed to the police at the scene that she had sexual intercourse with the deceased and minutes later, he developed complications and collapsed and died.
Rioba told Citizen Digital that they suspect the man used viagra pills to boost his energy which could have caused his death.
He stated that they are holding the lady at Ndhiwa Police Station for further interrogation over the incident, while the deceased body was moved to Manyatta Kobodo mortuary awaiting autopsy.