Prepare for ‘war’ if Zlatan is not United number one
TRANSFER TITTLE-TATTLE with John Kyanda/Hot 96/@johnkyanda
Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s former international team-mate Pontus Kamark has warned Manchester United that the striker will do “whatever it takes to be on the throne” at Old Trafford.
Ibrahimovic has already made his mark in English football with the winning goal in the Red Devils’ Community Shield triumph over Leicester on Sunday.
Kamark, who used to play as a defender for the Foxes, is now a TV pundit Swedish TV channel Viasat and has followed the 34-year-old’s career carefully.
Although Ibrahimovic has the potential to create fireworks, Kamark believes he will be a success in the Premier League as long as he gets on with his team-mates – especially Wayne Rooney.
- Juan Mata’s future at Manchester United looked in doubt from the moment his former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho took charge and, after he was subbed on and then off again in Sunday’s Community Shield, it appears he will be on the way out of Old Trafford. According to The Times, Mata is expected to try to force an exit even though United have indicated he is not for sale. The paper says Everton manager Ronald Koeman could now try to move for him.
- Manchester United will allow Adnan Januzaj to join Sunderland on loan, but will not consider selling the Belgium forward.
- West Bromwich Albion have accepted a bid from Aston Villa for defender James Chester.
- Algeria winger Riyad Mahrez has accepted that he will not be leaving Premier League champions Leicester City this season.
- West Ham manager Slaven Bilic has confirmed the club will sign forward Jonathan Calleri but they won’t be making a move for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette.
- Arsene Wenger will only consider signing a superstar striker, with Bayern Munich and Poland’s Robert Lewandowski and Atletico Madrid and France’s Antoine Griezmann his top targets. Germany play maker Mesut Ozil would relish a return to his previous club, Real Madrid.
- Tottenham’s move for Marseille and French winger Georges-Kevin Nkoudou could be on the brink of collapse, because of disagreements over the structure of the 11million pounds payment.
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has blocked Galatasaray’s bid to sign 29-year-old Brazilian Lucas Leiva because he is concerned about being left short in midfield.
- Yannick Bolasie is still awaiting permission from Crystal Palace to travel to Merseyside to tie up his move to Everton.
- Atletico Madrid have made a 17.2 million pounds offer for Santos and Brazil striker Gabriel Barbosa who is reported to be a target for Leicester.
- Giuseppe Rossi’s agent appears to have ruled out a move to Major League Soccer this summer by insisting that the Italian forward still expects to ply his trade in Europe this season.
- The 29-year-old has impressed for the Viola during preseason, but a decision over his future is yet to be taken. He spent the second half of last campaign on loan at Levante after failing to convince Fiorentina coach Paulo Sousa and the Serie A club are still considering a sale.
- Napoli could offer Inter Milan 53.3 million pounds for Argentina striker Mauro Icardi as a replacement for his compatriot Gonzalo Higuain who joined Juventus.
Sources: BBC, SkySports, soccernet.com, football365.com