One-year-old baby boy burns to death in Mombasa
A one-year-old child died last night in a house fire at Mbuyuni Village in Changamwe Constituency, Mombasa County.
The baby boy had been left alone in the house by his mother when the fire broke out at around midnight on Sunday as he was sleeping.
Confirming the incident, area Chief Ben Valasa said the cause of the fire could not be immediately established.
By the time the neighbours to put out the fire, which had began spreading to adjacent houses, the baby had burnt to death.
The remains of the child were taken to the Coastal General Hospital morgue.