Fire breaks out at Lenana School dormitory

Fire breaks out at Lenana School dormitory

Property of unknown value was destroyed on Monday morning after a fire broke out in one of the dormitories at Lenana School in Nairobi.

The school principal William Kipkemei said the incident took place while the learners were at the assembly.

No casualties were reported from the inferno that broke out at around 7am.

The school board chair Samson Ndegwa said personal items of all the students residing in the dormitory named Tom Mboya house were destroyed and nothing was salvaged.

The fire is suspected to have been caused by an electric fault.

Fire fighters were still trying to contain the fire at 10.30am.

latest stories