The Infinix Hot S3 Review: Hit or Miss?
When you hear of the new Infinix Hot S3 then a 20MP low-light selfie camera definitely comes to mind, add that to the 13MP auto focus rear camera and you have the best photo experience.
Now let’s get started. What’s in the box?
- Infinix Hot S3 in Blush Gold
- Flat micro USB cable
- 3 – pin charger (5V – 2A)
- Clear protective case
- Screen guard
- SIM ejector pin
- User manual and warranty information
The new Hot S3 runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) with a custom XOS Hummingbird 3.0 powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon processor clocked at 1.2 GHz per core. The phone comes fully loaded with a 4000 mAh internal battery, so for those that love devices that can take you for longer hours without power issues, this is definitely your phone.
Talk of a crystal clear display; Infinix Hot S3 has a 5.7” (14.4) infinity display screen with a resolution of 1440 * 720 pixels with 2.5D dragontrail glass. This comes in handy when you want to watch videos on your phone. The device comes with a Night Light option that when activated can automatically turn on at sunset and tints your screen amber.
This makes it easier to look at your screen or read in dim light and may help you fall asleep more easily.
The phone also has a custom LED light reminder option for new notifications, unread messages, low battery and so much more.
With this device, space is not anywhere in its list of problems. It comes with a 3GB RAM and an internal storage of 32 GB though a chunk of that, about 10 GB, is taken up by inbuilt applications leaving you with about 22 GB. The phone also allows you to have external storage of up to 128 GB.
Styled the 20 MP Low-light selfie camera, this newbie can shoot very detailed, good quality selfies in broad daylight, without the need for additional light from the led flash.
This applies even when you are indoors though there will be more dependence on the flash.
The rear camera, which is 13 MP, is not so dependable when indoors or in areas with low light as you will not only depend on the flash, but will have to keep your hands steady for good shots.
On the flip side, the camera settings allow you to go fully manual when need be.
The Infinix Hot S3 comes with an inbuilt finger print sensor placed conveniently at the back of the phone. For additional security, you can activate the Face ID management system which will require to scan the user’s face to unlock the phone. In low light conditions the phone uses the face lighting feature.
- The hot S3 is definitely good looking with its stylish design and metal finish at the back even though it is plastic.
- Excellent performance; with the Infinix Hot S3 you need not worry about it heating up when in use for a very long time or the device suddenly freezing, this newbie can handle all the tasks thrown at it with ease. Its touch sensitivity is also very responsive (very smooth).
- Sustainable power; with a 4000 mAh battery this device can take you a day or more without requiring a battery recharge depending on the tasks it is performing.
- Gaming; for those who cannot do without games on their phones, this device can handle heavy games with so much ease. Currently I have Modern Combat 5, Real Racing 3 and Cover Fire installed among other casual games.
- User friendly interface.
- Audio quality; for this kind of phone I was expecting better audio quality but sadly this is not the case with the Hot S3, especially when at full volume. A bit of a let down for music lovers.
- One sim card slot; with the current trend in the market one would expect two sim card slots in most smartphones more so in the Infinix brand. This, however is not the case as the device comes with the allowance for a single sim card.
Considering all it has to offer and at a retail price of Ksh18,999, the Infinix Hot S3 is a definite buy.
It is available exclusively at Safaricom shops and it comes in three colors; Blush Gold, Topaz Blue and Sandstone Black.